Saturday, November 03, 2012

2

Two months ago today my best friend died. I have no idea how I'm managed to make it to November, but I'm so glad that I did. The view looks okay from here.

I miss her eye rolls, and our wordless conversations that sometimes turned into staring contests. I miss always knowing that she was in the study, waiting to greet me when I arrived home, and that I could  share ridiculously small news with her and it was considered important.

But I am sure that there will come a day when I will miss these things a little less because the memories from my time with her will supersede the longing to have those times back. I just wish that day would come a little sooner.

1 comment:

  1. I just found my way here because you had commented on a post at Cup of Jo and your name, Kangus, is like my last name, which is Kangas, and I NEVER see another Kangas/us anywhere! This post is really touching and I hope you're okay. :)

    ReplyDelete