Monday, January 24, 2011

I don't instant message, but I thought this was an intriguing illustration.



Albeit sappy, I think it has a good message. How often do we not say the complimentary and real thoughts that are on the tip of our tongue?

On a similar subject...
As someone who is naturally quiet, I find that I enjoy the simple act of talking far more when I treat it as an art.
My current classic read for English is 1984 and I love the part when the protagonist is listening to his comrade fanatically describe the Party's plans to eventually eliminate all the synonyms and antonyms in their language. It reminded me of how lucky I am that my native tongue has so many intricacies that allow you to create a truly unique voice for yourself. In fact, I find that I can often pick out the author of an essay in our English class merely from reading a few sentences of their paper.
Lately I've decided to open up more to people and I think one of the best ways I can show others my personality and all the quirks that come with it is the way that I choose and phrase my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment